The usage of computers and electronic storage devices has become a part of our daily life. Our inability to access this information can cause instability to our daily operations. In spite of having backups and redundant storage systems we still at times face data loss situations.
My expertise in high end data recovery from crashed hard disk drives, bad media tape, corrupt media cards (SD, CF, etc), and RAID Arrays no matter the operating system.
I perform data recoveries from all of the available file systems such as FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, HPFS, NFS, NSS, HFS, HFS+, UFS, JFS, NWFS, VxFS, ZFS, ext2, ext3 etc.
It’s important to be well informed on how to face a data loss situation and to minimize the risk by not aggravating the problem:
Don’t use recovery tools.
Don’t restart the machine several times.
Don’t open the media and try to repair.
Observe and record the sequence of events that may have caused the problem.
If Data Loss Occurs:
- Do not panic.
- Do not use automatic recovery tools.
- Do not restart the machine.
- Do not use any application/program that accesses (alters) the problem media in any way.
- Do not switch on any device that shows obvious signs of physical damage.
- Shut down any system/device that makes non-customary grinding and clicking noises when operated.
- Do not open the hard disk or any such physical media device on try to repair it own your own.
- Assess the situation. Observe and record the sequence of actions performed, events that occurred that may have caused the problem.
- If you are local to the Stevens Point area, Contact me to pick up your defective device/unit.
- Or wrap the defective unit in anti-static foam or anti-static bubble wrap paper and seal package securely and ship to me.
- Use a carrier that provides you proof of delivery when shipping the product to us.
Data Recovery Process
Initial Free Evaluation
This is where I identify the problem totally free of charge and provide you with a fixed quote and recovery timeline.
If there is a defective piece in the media, then it is made operable and then a mirror of the media is made. All future work is performed on this mirror.
Recovering the Lost Data
An iterative process of data recovery is performed and data is recovered according to the priorities of data recovery indicated by you.
Returning Your Data
Once recovery is completed, I will copy the data in a format and media of your choice.
This service is performed during office hours.
This service is performed as soon as I receive the media till the time data recovery process is completed.
The damage assessment report tells you what can be recovered, how much time it will take, and how much it will cost.
It is up to you to decide whether we should go ahead with the recovery. We will supply the recovered data on the medium you specify.